Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Brass Maa Durga Idol Sitting On Lion Ma Sherwali Murti Devi Statue for Home Mandir Office Living Room Shop Gift Navratra Puja Multicolor Stone Work Color Height 9 Inches
- Dimension : Length – 9.5 Inch | Width -3.25 Inch | Height 9.5 Inch | Weight 3.35 Kg
- Goddess Durga symbolizes the divine forces (positive energy) known as divine shakti (feminine energy/ power) that is used against the negative forces of evil and wickedness. She protects her devotees from evil powers and safeguards them. It is believed that Goddess Durga is the combined form of powers of Goddesses Lakshmi, Kali and Saraswati.
- Goddess Durga is known as the Mother Goddess. Other names of Goddess Durga are Bhavani, Sherawali, Amba, Chandika, Gauri, Parvati and Vaishno Devi. She represents the fiery powers of the God. The name ‘Durga’ means ‘inaccessible’, she is the personification of the active side of the divine ‘shakti’ energy of Lord Shiva. Durga rides a lion, and carries weapons in her many arms. She is the protector of the righteous, and destroyer of the evil
- Durga Maa is depicted as riding on a lion or a tiger. A tiger symbolizes unlimited power. Durga riding a tiger indicates that She possesses unlimited power and uses it to protect virtue and destroy evil. The lion is a symbol of uncontrolled animalistic tendencies (such as anger, arrogance, selfishness, greed, jealousy, desire to harm others etc.) and Her sitting on it reminds us to control these qualities, so that we are not controlled by them.
- Goddess Durga represents the power of the Supreme Being that preserves moral order and righteousness in the creation. The Sanskrit word durga means fort or a place that is protected and thus difficult to reach. Durga, also called Divine Shakti, protects mankind from evil and misery by destroying evil forces (negative energy and vices—arrogance, jealousy, prejudice, hatred, anger, greed and selfishness).